Senior Pricing Actuary Medical iptiQ
For iptiQ (based in Amstelveen), we are looking for an experienced Pricing Actuary Medical. The role has 3 key deliverables:
- to develop the Dutch medical insurance pricing processes and approach;
- to develop and lead a high quality monitoring and profitability review framework, which gives a competitive edge in identifying claim cost control measures and pricing interventions;
- to contribute to product innovation to support growth within the Dutch medical insurance market.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Design, deliver and manage iptiQ's medical insurance pricing and review process;
- Actuarial analysis and pricing of medical business, build models and provide analytical insights;
- Develop, implement and perform a high quality monitoring and profitability review framework to ensure long-term profitability of the medical business and competitiveness of customer premiums;
- Responsible for identifying, investigating, modelling, reporting and resolving issues if the business is believed to be performing other than originally expected;
- Liaise with other Swiss Re Group teams as required to appropriately manage the medical business in the Netherlands;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and interacts on regular basis with business partners, the regulatory bodies for medical insurance and with key industry stakeholders in the Netherlands;
- Make data driven decisions regarding premium and reserving/IBNR setting;
- Participate in reporting and controlling activities in conjunction with Finance, Risk Management and Legal functions;
- Contribute to other pricing activities of life & health business as required.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree; mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field with proven mathematical skills and analytical ability;
- Work experience of 8+ years managing or overseeing medical insurance business in the Netherlands;
- Experience in data analytics and modelling is a big advantage;
- Excellent understanding of Dutch risk equalisation framework and medical insurance product and market;
- High familiarity with Dutch legal, regulatory and compliance framework;
- Knowledge of SAS or other statistical software is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Dutch language is mandatory as well as excellent oral and written English skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with analytical, critical thinking and independent decision making abilities;
- A team player who is passionate about the success of the business and comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving environment;
- A results-driven, "can-do", self-motivated personality and fast learner.
iptiQ EMEA is part of Swiss Re's Life Capital division, which manages all life & health primary insurance portfolios. iptiQ is a start-up, expanding strongly and established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold direct to consumers through Distribution Partners. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences key to driving forward this new business, while working closely with the rest of the Swiss Re Group.
Peter van Solinge
Op zoek naar een andere functie?