Portfolio Manager - selectie gemaakt -
Conservatrix is an ambitious life insurer, since 2017 part of Eli Global. Conservatrix is currently in a transition phase from a traditional to an innovative life insurer based on new technology and advanced financial insurance constructions. The focus is on growth. There is sufficient room for personal ambition and development. To strengthen our investment team, Conservatrix is looking for a talented portfolio manager who will directly report to the CIO.
- Portfolio Construction & Management:
- Supporting the team’s investment strategy and execution capabilities for the internally managed portfolios (at present, Government and Supranational bonds, Money Market instruments, Investment-grade Credit);
- Providing help in developing investment principles consistent with the prevailing regulatory constraints and the capital position of the firm;
- Rebalancing risk in the unit-linked portfolios;
- Structuring and executing hedging strategies to mitigate the firm’s ALM unbalances, in collaboration with the Actuarial function;
- Helping in conducting the investment due diligence on asset classes outside scope of the internally managed portfolios. Competences in credit analysis, legal, accounting and the regulatory landscape required.
- Risk Monitoring:
- Understanding and evaluating the risk in the internally managed portfolios, both at the asset level and in aggregate. Considering corrective actions if needed;
- Tracking the mortgage portfolio performance. Examining it against market comparable. Considering its impact on the balance sheet identifying latent risks and recommending corrective actions;
- Collateral management in collaboration with Finance & Control on ingoing and outgoing reinsurance contracts;
- Reviewing the custodian reports, in order to develop a firm ownership of the aggregate risks of the internally and the externally managed portfolios;
- Monitoring compliance breaches within given investments mandates and with respect to the broader risk appetite of the firm (e.g. counterparty risk) for immediate escalation through the approved governance.
- Performance Monitoring:
- Liaising with Conservatrix 3rd party managers, reviewing information provided, monitoring investment activity vis-à-vis investment mandates, analysing and reporting performance;
- Reviewing portfolio performance for internally managed portfolios;
- Providing input in defining a more relevant benchmarking strategy and developing a consistent performance measurement approach;
- Development Projects:
- Contributing investment expertise to multi-disciplinary projects involving collaboration with other departments;
- Supporting the firm’s growth into direct lending activities;
- Taking ownership of assigned work streams, actively leveraging on other people’s skill set to improve quality of the output based on effective team interaction, delivering within stated deadlines aiming at results that are demonstrably both complete and accurate;.
- Showing flexibility in supporting the overall development of the firm through a pro-active, collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Providing help in documenting the existing processes within the Investment function, including the touch points with other departments within the firm, considering the level of controls currently in place and recommending improvements.
- Supporting the migration towards a more robust investment infrastructure, including custodian, execution, administrative, risk and performance services;
- Helping with the due diligence of prospective service providers, developing in-house expertise on the latest developments in the FinTech sector, with the view of establishing a well functioning, cost-effective portfolio management/monitoring platform.
- Product design:
- Collaborating with other functions with respect to product design when Conservatrix open to new business.
- Quantitative and/or economics background. Actuarial background also considered if demonstrable competence in investments
- Master degree level or equivalent;
- Derivatives instruments; fundamentals of risk-neutral pricing;
- Fixed income assets: market structure traded and non-traded instruments; valuation; risk and portfolio management;
- Insurance regulations. Emphasis on Solvency II market risk module;
- ALM & Portfolio Construction: risk budgeting; hedging strategies; capital efficiency;
- Alternative Assets: attributes; market structure; asset due diligence;
- Accounting basics.
Work experience: 5-7 years working experience in asset management at an insurance company, pension fund, asset manager, investment bank or investment consultancy firm
- Behaviour: Structured & analytical approach to problem solving
- Selstarting and ability to work in a fast-changing environment;
- Flexible and pro-active, delivery focused;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Collaborative approach to team work;
- Ability to operate in an English-speaking environment.