For iptiQ EMEA (part of the Swiss Re Group) we are looking for a compliance officer. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a small team responsible for identifying, assessing and advising on compliance risks. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, iptiQ EMEA Life&Health:
- You will propose compliant solutions and improvements to control standards, mitigation strategies, policies and processes;
- You will monitor regulatory developments at national and EU level and liaise with internal/external clients and partners as necessary to identify and advise on changes to operational practices;
- You will provide advice on new distribution and outsourcing partnerships, products and business as usual operations;
- You will review customer product documentation and other related promotional material;
- You will design and carry out training;
- You will carry out reviews of outsourced activities to assess compliance with internal and external policy and regulations;
- You will represent the team and company at external compliance meetings (e.g. Dutch Association of Insurers);
- Whilst primarily supporting business operations in the Netherlands, you will also provide support for business activities on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
About the team:
You will be a member of the iptiQ EMEA Compliance Team, which is part of the wider Group Compliance Function within Swiss Re. iptiQ works closely with the business and outsource providers to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and applicable laws whilst supporting the growth of the business. iptiQ is located in branch offices across the EU.
- You are degree educated with previous compliance experience within a retail life or health insurance company;
- You have excellent knowledge of the Netherlands consumer insurance regulations and market and ideally experience of other EU markets;
- You have the ability to relate compliance objectives to business issues, strategy and desired outcomes;
- You have excellent inter-personal skills with experience in drafting papers, reports, policies and procedures;
- You have strong organisation and time management skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and oral); other languages (ideally German, Polish, French or Spanish) would be considered as an advantage;
- MS Office skills required.
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
iptiQ is a “white label” Life & Health insurance provider, working in partnership with leading consumer brands in the European Economic Area. Its product offering includes: Term Life, Whole of Life, Critical Illnesses and Disability. iptiQ was born as part of Swiss Re’s commitment to introducing more people in society to the benefits of financial protection against life’s uncertainties and to closing the gap between the amount of savings or insurance that people have and the amount they need in the event of misfortune. iptiQ does not sell directly to the consumer, but instead combines its expertise with partner’s knowhow in getting the right products to the right people. In partnership with trusted brands iptiQ can provide simple financial protection solutions while leveraging its global expertise, innovative thinking and customer focus.